Client News: Kolbe's innovative VistaLuxe Collection offers expanded versatility in design and functionality
Posted on January 9th, 2018
Kolbe Windows & Doors is featuring an expanded selection of VistaLuxe® Collection and VistaLuxe Complementary products at the National Association of Home Builders International Builders' Show (NAHB IBS) in booth #W3870, with emphasis on mull units, sliding windows and doors, and automation.
Kolbe's award-winning VistaLuxe Collection is known for contemporary styling, large expanses of glass, narrow frames and clean lines. Industry-leading frame-to-daylight-opening ratios let the views take center stage, while advancements in automation ease the transformation between indoors and outdoors.
"Our VistaLuxe Collection offers integrated technology to put control in the hands of the users through remotes, keypads, touch screens and other integration devices, enhancing window and door operation with the touch of a button or flip of a switch," states Cindy Bremer, vice president of marketing at Kolbe Windows & Doors.
Three VistaLuxe products featuring automation are on display in booth #W3870, showing varied activation options.
• A VistaLuxe Collection Flush style, custom mull unit features awnings mulled above and below a direct set with performance divided lites. The upper awning features a Marvel™ electronic operator that can be operated by a push button or toggle switch, for easy ventilation of hard-to-reach windows. The Haber Brown finish on both the interior and exterior coordinates with Matte Black folding hardware.
• A VistaLuxe Complementary four-wide, sliding patio door features 5-by-8-foot bi-parting panels that are controlled through a Summit Automation system and can integrate with wall switches, keypads, mobile devices or home automation systems. An optional safety feature stops operation when motion is detected and opens the doors as they are approached. The Haber Brown finish on both the interior and exterior coordinates with Matte Black Madison handle sets.
• A VistaLuxe Complementary multi-slide door spanning over 15 by 9 feet has an Onyx exterior, a Coal Black interior and a Matte Black narrow flush pull handle with dual-point lock. The large, heavy door panels and multiple units also feature the Summit Automation system, making them easier to open and close. Bluetooth® technology allows a user-friendly touch screen system with adjustable opening and closing speeds, as well as immediate feedback to the user for troubleshooting and service recommendations. Several safety features are included.
"Our automation solutions integrate with multiple devices and operating systems to enhance ease-of-use, security and convenience," says Bremer. "Blending design and functionality with advanced technology is one of the many ways in which we continue to provide exceptional products offering style, performance and customization options."
Designed specifically for large mull combinations, VistaLuxe Collection windows and doors combine function and style, while maintaining a sleek aesthetic. Bremer explains, "With an extruded aluminum exterior and a natural wood interior, VistaLuxe proves modern design can be warm and organic. Elegant casement hardware adds a contemporary accent. Or slim, streamlined Evo operators can eliminate the need for crank handles – maximizing the view with minimal obstruction."
She adds, "Our comprehensive line of contemporary windows and doors offers sophisticated solutions for enhancing the aesthetic and blending environments, with custom shapes, corner units and pass-through configurations."
Highlighted below are additional VistaLuxe products that can be seen on display in booth #W3870:
• A VistaLuxe Collection Flush style mull unit combines direct sets, picture units, crank-out casements and awnings. Triangular direct sets add a geometric element atop the display. With a Clear anodized exterior and a Pine interior painted Bright White, the matching Evo operator hardware blends in as a subtle and unobtrusive accent.
• A VistaLuxe Collection Accent style mull unit with direct sets, picture units, crank-out casements and awnings features a Driftwood Mica finish on the exterior and a clear-coated Beech interior. LoE²-270 glass enhances energy efficiency, while a wood-wrapped screen and Satin Nickel hardware complete the unit.
• A VistaLuxe Collection Accent style mull unit joins direct sets with an inswing door. The Fire Engine Red door panel makes a grand entrance and a bold statement. The exterior is Coal Black, the Maple interior is stained Ebony and Satin Nickel hardware is featured.
• VistaLuxe Collection 90-degree corner units are stacked. The bottom unit features a mull post, while the top unit does not. The Accent style exterior has a fluoropolymer finish in Truffle.
• A VistaLuxe Complementary quad sliding window offers easy pass-through for indoor/outdoor accessibility. The extruded aluminum clad exterior is finished in a crisp Emerald Isle color and the wood interior is clear-coated Cedar. A Matte Black positive-action lock engages automatically. The retractable insect screen features BetterVue® fiberglass mesh for enhanced visibility.
"We are always looking for innovative ways to provide architects, builders and homeowners with contemporary products that evolve with the changing needs of the market," says Bremer. "Advancements in design, functionality and energy efficiency are key areas of concentration."
For more information on Kolbe's VistaLuxe Collection, VistaLuxe Complementary products, or automation options, please visit http://www.kolbewindows.com.
What began in 1946 as a two-brother team has grown into an internationally respected manufacturing company. Kolbe Windows & Doors is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of windows and doors for residential and commercial markets. After more than 70 years, Kolbe products are best known for superior quality, custom craftsmanship, attention to detail, as well as innovative and unique designs.