Client News: Kolbe presents breadth of capabilities through options and custom solutions
Posted on February 16th, 2019
Kolbe Windows & Doors is known for quality craftsmanship, attention to detail and exceptional design. With unique product lines designed to meet specific architectural and aesthetic needs, each has its own distinct advantages and characteristics, while simultaneously offering numerous options for customization.
Crafted to each homeowner's specifications, Kolbe's windows and doors can be customized in specialty shapes and sizes with a choice of wood species, finishes, glass types, divided lite patterns, hardware and more. Other unique options include retractable screens, automation and impact performance modifications.
Kolbe's vice president of marketing, Cindy Bremer, explains, "Because we offer such individualized products, we like to show the full breadth of our capabilities, incorporating customization of style, performance and functionality."
Every product that Kolbe displays at the National Association of Home Builders International Builders' Show (NAHB IBS) demonstrates this personalized approach. Attendees can explore a variety of inspiring solutions exhibited in booth # C2519 and gather ideas for their own projects.
Some examples of Kolbe's custom solutions that can be seen on display are:
* The versatile VistaLuxe® Collection in various configurations of casements, awnings, specialty windows, sliding patio doors and a swinging door. Custom mull units, geometric and radius direct sets, and a stacked corner direct set draw attention to the booth. Each unit features distinct custom solutions for maximum glass and one-of-a-kind views.
* A 15-foot-high 90-degree direct set stacked corner unit with performance divided lites has a Flush style black anodized exterior, and an ebony-stained alder wood interior that offers the look of steel windows.
* Also giving a steel appearance is a 72-by-36-inch half circle direct set mulled above a 72-by-74-inch direct set with 5/8-inch performance divided lites. The coal black prefinished pine interior, and a custom textured terra cotta black Flush style exterior create crisp, clean lines.
"All of our windows and doors have standard wood interiors, so it's easy to achieve any aesthetic, from warm and organic to the look of steel; finishing the narrow frames in a dark color can mimic that appearance," states Bremer.
Kolbe also is highlighting entrance doors, pass-through windows and expansive openings products that help maximize residential spaces with solutions for indoor-outdoor entertainment.
* A 3-1/2-by-10-foot reclaimed barnwood door presents a sustainable solution for an entrance that blends rustic character with modern design. Constructed of reclaimed wood, this outswing door offers a natural contrast with the onyx extruded aluminum exterior. Direct set sidelites and transom admit light and views around the door, and are finished on the interior with double clear coat. Equipped with an electronic multi-point lock, this impressive entrance door features a stylish Hoppe pull handle in a brushed stainless finish.
* A mahogany wood pivot door with a Rockwood® GeoMetek locking pull handle in a satin stainless finish, and energy-efficient, tempered LoE²-270 reeded glass shows more of Kolbe's capabilities. Specialized pivoting hardware allows easy operation of this grand 5-by-9-foot door, without impeding into the opening.
* A VistaLuxe Complementary quad sliding window with an emerald isle exterior and a clear-coated Spanish cedar wood interior features a matte black positive action lock that engages automatically. Precisely aligned stiles with matching sightlines and a low-profile sill complete the clean look.
* An Ultra Series TerraSpan® lift and slide door unit creates a generous 15-by-10-foot opening. The vibrant copper canyon exterior complements the clear-coated walnut interior, while a matte black 180-degree Inset Handle allows the doors to neatly pocket into the wall.
Several custom windows can be seen on display, with various operational methods.
* An Ultra Series tilt-turn window with hopper. A modern blend of versatility, European styling and high energy performance, the unit has a bold roma exterior outlined with a 2-inch flat casing with backband and 2-1/8-inch sill nosing. The pine interior has a graystone painted finish, with matte black specialized hardware that opens the unit as an inswing casement or a top-venting hopper.
* An Ultra Series XL awning with automation. This 5-by-6-foot awning has a sapphire exterior frame with 2-inch flat casing and a contrasting abalone sash. The pine interior has a silk finish, with clay hardware and traditional sill nosing. A built-in window seat provides a cozy vantage point for generous views and ventilation.
"We continually innovate and reinvent what can be done in the window and door industry. We invite the challenge of the extraordinary, and hope to inspire our visitors to push the boundaries of their imagination," says Bremer.
For more inspiration and information about Kolbe's one-of-a-kind window and door products, please visit https://www.kolbewindows.com.
What began in 1946 as a two-brother team has grown into an internationally respected manufacturing company. Kolbe Windows & Doors is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of windows and doors for residential and commercial markets. After 70 years, Kolbe products are best known for superior quality, custom craftsmanship, attention to detail, as well as innovative and unique designs.