Association News: AAMA releases updated sealants document
Posted on August 1st, 2016 by Heather West
The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) recently released an updated document describing the test procedures and specifications required for sealants. The AAMA 800 document, Voluntary Specifications and Test Methods for Sealants, was last updated in 2010.
The AAMA 800 contains a group of documents utilized in the construction and installation of fenestration products. Beginning with the 2016 publication, these documents remain connected, but have been separated as sub-publications.
"This document was re-organized to make it easier to follow in terms of material type. Materials and test methods now are grouped together in subsections," says Mark Toth (H.B. Fuller), chair of the AAMA 800 Maintenance Committee. "This latest version more easily facilitates use by sealant manufacturers and fenestration fabricators. This update will also ease the task of future updates."
This manual is presented in seven main sections, the first of which is an introduction:
* Section 2, AAMA 800, Back Bedding/Glazing Compounds AAMA 802.3 and AAMA 805.2
* Section 3, AAMA 800, Back Bedding Mastic Type Glazing Tapes AAMA 804.3, AAMA 806.3 and AAMA 807.3
* Section 4, AAMA 800, Narrow Joint Seam Sealers AAMA 803.3
* Section 5, AAMA 800, Exterior Perimeter Sealing Compound AAMA 808.3
* Section 6, AAMA 800, Non-Drying Sealant AAMA 809.2
* Section 7, AAMA 800, Expanded Cellular Glazing Tapes AAMA 810.1
These documents now contain all the specifications and test methods that are applicable for each section.
AAMA 800-16, as well as other AAMA documents, may be purchased from AAMA's online store.
Filed under: FGIA